A Woman Electrocuted In Her Apartment In Delta State

On Friday, a 43-year-old woman in Ozoro, Isoko North Local Government Area, Delta State was electrocuted in her apartment.

The woman who is a mother of four children popularly known as Mama Oyibo, was electrocuted by a naked electric wire that was exposed on the wall of her apartment.

Source who spoke with newsmen said, the woman was a petty trader and also a farmer and she just got back from her farm at about 6pm that Friday and wanted to rest by leaning on the wall not knowing that there was a naked wire which somebody was working on before power failure in the community.

According to the source, “Some part of her body was on the naked wire when power was suddenly restored and she was electrocuted. Immediately she was rushed to a nearby hospital by her neibors because it was as though she was in shock and fainted”

“Some of us thought that she had died but when we heard that she had started showing signs of recovery and was in stable condition everyone though she was going to be okay but we were shocked to the bones when we later heard that she didn’t make it

ALSO READ  Police Recruitment 2016 PSC Shortlists Is Out

Speak Your Mind