So often, the home office doesn’t get the love it deserves. Whether you work from home full time, use your home office a few days a week, or you use it sparingly for your own creative endeavors, a comfortable chair is a staple you’ll need to get your best work done. A good office chair is arguably just as important as a good laptop and good WiFi.
The health of sitting
Many people outfit their home office with any old chair that’s sitting around the house. But did you know that a comfortable office chair can lead to more productivity, better focus, and better overall health? It’s scientifically proven that , and a bad chair exacerbates these issues. That’s why an ergonomic chair is the first step to a healthy work-life balance. Read more…
Herman Miller Aeron Task Chair
A trusted classic chair, remastered from the casters up.
- Dimensions: 18.5 x 28.25 x 43 inches
- Weight: 39 pounds
- Features: Mesh, 12 year warranty, adjustable tilt, sacral/lumbar support, armrests.
BEST FOR ADJUSTABILITY
This is one of the best and most adjustable chairs out there, and is built to suit most bodies.
- Dimensions: 23.6 x 34.6 x 44.2 inches
- Weight: 61 pounds
- Features: Four incline settings with locking capabilities, 360 degree arm movement, intuitive controls.
BEST BUDGET BUY
A more budget-friendly option that offers comfort and adjustable features.
- Dimensions: 26.18 x 24.8 x 15.75 inches
- Weight: 56.2 pounds
- Features: Mesh back, cushion seat, free-floating and locking adjustments.
BEST MID-RANGE CHAIR
HON Mesh High-Back Task Office Chair
This chair is better than most budget models.
- Dimensions: 26.75 x 26.5 x 42.5 inches
- Weight: 40 pounds
- Features: Breathable mesh, modifiable seat position, seat height and width, as well as recline, adjustable lumbar support.
BEST FOR TALL PEOPLE
Steelcase Gesture with Headrest
This chair comes in lots of colors, and works especially well for tall people.
- Dimensions: 23 x 23 x 40 inches
- Weight: 78 pounds
- Features: Headrest adds height, available in three heights, armrests move like human arms.
BEST FUTURISTIC STYLE
Herman Miller Sayl
A modern and comfortable take on the ergonomic office chair.
- Dimensions: 26 x 24.5 x 37 inches
- Weight: 38 pounds
- Features: Striking visual aesthetic, three settings of recline, balance between support and freedom.
BEST FOR BACK PAIN
With adjustable features, a headrest, and contoured cushions, this is the model for those looking to address pain.
- Dimensions: 26 x 26 x 43 inches
- Weight: 40 pounds
- Features: Headrest, contoured cushions, responsive backrest.
BEST KNEELING CHAIR
DRAGONN Ergonomic Kneeling Chair
Switch it up with a kneeling chair at an amazing price.
- Dimensions: 27.56 x 19.13 x 8.27 inches
- Weight: 18.92 pounds
- Features: Tilted seat, supports up to 250 pounds, height adjustable.
BEST BALANCE BALL CHAIR
Gaiam Ultimate Balance Ball Chair
You’ll love how much a balance ball changes your work day, and it may even alleviate back pain.
- Dimensions: 2.5 feet tall. 20 inches wide
- Weight: 18.67 pounds
- Features: Durable, reinforced base, removable balance ball, lockable casters.
BEST UNDER $100
AmazonBasics Mesh Mid-Back Adjustable Swivel Office Desk Chair
Not looking to break the bank? You can get an ergonomic chair with adjustable features for less than $100.
- Dimensions: 25.2 x 24 x 35.6-40.3 inches
- Weight: 23.2 pounds
- Features: Mesh back, 225 pound weight capacity, simple adjustment controls.